Old Sunbeam spotted

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Old Sunbeam spotted
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 23:22:54 EDT
Sunday's British Car Festival near Chicago was another
success with over 750 cars and 3000 enthusiasts.  Heavy
rain at the Wisc and IL border kept most of the cheeseheads
from making it.  But a 1926 Sunbeam 3 Litre did!  The oldest
running Sunbeam I've seen.

The sad news is my son Pat crashed my Tiger on the way to
the Festival.  It looks like the right front fulcrum pin broke
causing the car to take an immediate right into the Explorer
next to him.  Both went off the road.  The Explorer hitting
an expressway sign and rolling over.  Pat taking out a light pole.
Fortunately no one was injured.  A tribute to wearing seat belts.
Damage to the front of the Tiger is severe.  I'll be looking for both
fenders, LAT hood, valence, bumper, etc. Looks like I will be
finding out just how good my insurance is.

I'll look to the list for help after I know what's broke and
what can be fixed.  I figure it may take at least 6-7 months
to fix after I gather the parts.

Good news.  Both Lucas headlights survived.  Bad news,
it looks like my radiator is a goner and my LAT oil pan
is leaking.

Dave Johnson, B382002668, Aurora, IL