302/T-5 Conversion

To: Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: 302/T-5 Conversion
From: "Dr. T. Y. McDowell" <tym@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 18:55:33 -0400
Tigers,
I need some info from anyone who has done a 302/T-5 conversions.
What speedometer cable/gear set up are you using.
When I fired my new beautiful new engine I had a brief fire.  The casing
on the speedometer cable, too close to the header, caught fire.  I want
to reroute the cable, but need a longer one.  that's not a big problem.
But what kind of gear for the tranny should I use.  Should I go to the
ford garage and order a gear for my year T-5?

Thanks in advance.

Tym McDowell

P.S. After an extremely long and arduous process, we finally fired the
new motor.  All the knuckle busting, cussing, part chasing went away.
It sounds great!  Tonight, we go around the block!