Fuel shortage

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel shortage
From: Jeff Howarth <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 00:45:30 +0100
WOW fuel is only $6 per Gallon so why are they complaining over here...

Well I guess most of you may have seen the news about fuel in Europe and
the UK.

Well I have a question for the lists :

I know you have not had leaded fuel in the US for a few years but
Leaded fuel is known to have killed 'cat'alytic converters - I seem to
recall reading it reacted with the Platinum coating)

Over in the UK we now have LEAD REPLACEMENT PETROL (LRP),

Does that also kill the 'cat' or is it safe to use ??? I assume by LRP
they define it as having no lead in it. DO the chemicals they use to
replace the lead still effect the catalyst ?

Any chemists around ?

Oh well, at least the Tiger has a couple of gallons in the tank, that
should be good for at least getting the engine warm and get me to the
nearest empty gas station   8-)

thanks
--
Jeff Howarth