Re: Sandblasters

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sandblasters
From: RSpontelli@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 00:01:02 EDT
In a message dated 9/20/00 8:35:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bedel003@tc.umn.edu writes:

<< They're pretty simple: a hose, usually with a rigid tube attached to the
end
 is inserted into an open bucket of sandblasting sand . . . >>

Thank you, Arden!

That's pretty straightforward.  But how does that compare/contrast with a
"pressure blaster" then?

Funny, not knowing diddly-squat about sand blasters, the term "pressure
blaster" just sort of slid right on by, but the concept of a "suction
blaster" just sort of laid there and died for me!

Ramon

P.S.  Tiger content:  I have a sand-blast doo-dad that hooks up to the
compressor. I used it a lot a couple of years ago to clean the spark plugs in
the autocross Tiger before I found out why they were fouling all the time.  I
don't know if it's a "pressure blaster" or a "suction blaster" but it does a
real bang-up job on fouled spark plugs!