RE: SANDBLASTERS

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SANDBLASTERS
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:23:45 -0700
Ramon,
The difference between a suction sandblaster and a pressure sandblaster is
with a suction blaster you are consantly removing the canister to refill it
with sand. The canister holds less than a quart of sand and it takes (too)
many refills to accomplish much of anything. Added is the fact that moisture
can (read that does) accumulate and clogs things up as well. Did I mention
its a real joy to thread the cannister on and off lubricated with tiny sand
particles?
How do I know? It took 120 lbs of sand (and seemed like 120 refills) just to
sandblast my leaf springs and rearend. Why the other type is called pressure
I'm not sure since it seems to draw (suction) the sand as well, but it
appears to be gravity feed and that may be what is considered the
"pressure". At least from what I have seen thats the difference between the
two.   Tom