RE: inquiry 092100b (follow up)

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: inquiry 092100b (follow up)
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:34:31 -0500
-----Original Message-----
> From: Larry Paulick
> Larry, have you checked the brake rotor run out?
(snip-o-thon follows)

        Well, I got a few responses on various to-check things. Thanks, all.
As you know, the car has had +/- 1000 miles since a complete
suspension/brake rebuild, everything is new, and got a _cursory_ check
Saturday while I was putting the wheels back on. That doesn't _eliminate_
all the parts I've recently put on the car, but they all should be in good
shape. I'll, yeah, have to go over the car more carefully for sure. But it
doesn't _feel_ like a steering vibration, the next time the car is out, I'll
try to be more analytical. But I had the car to 100mph+ not that long ago
w/no probs, and at _that_ time, I _know_ the rear wheels were
out-of-balance, as I had found a lengthy tape-on weight on the garage floor.
        I had _serious_ probs with the local NTB location when they balanced
the tires Saturday, it's possible they did a poor job.
        I don't trust my own wrench-swinging --  note I don't take the GQ
too far from home -- and  I could've undertightened something (rotor-to-hub?
wheel bearing?), so all of the cautions you've collectively submitted are
valid.

Lawrence R. Wright, Purchasing Analyst
U S Office Products, Mid-Atlantic District
Formerly Andrews Office Products
larry.wright@usop.com
Ph. 301.386.7923  Fx. 301.386.5333