Re: inquiry 092800c

To: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: inquiry 092800c
From: "Pete Stanisavljevich" <pete_stanisavljevich@coxtarget.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:06:37 -0400
Bob,

I usually blast via a commercial blasting cabinet, with vacuum attached. The
vacuum I place outdoors. There is still a bit of leakage, so I wear a dustmask
whenever I'm blasting.

I've blasted several motorcycle engines, inside and out and one has several
thousand miles on it. So far, no indication of trouble. But, then I'm very
careful about cleaning up the pieces after beading. Running them through the
dishwasher (when wifey is not home) with cascade detergent. I wonder now if I've
been careful enough, lucky, or due for a $$$ engine problem.

An interesting side note: The people who rebuild the Amal carbs for english
bikes machine the gasket surfaces and refuse to accept bead-blasted carb bodies.
The reason? They claim the embedded glass dulls the bits too quickly.

Peter S.
B9471799