Re: speed and handling

To: Chris Hill <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Subject: Re: speed and handling
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 17:13:19 -0400
Chris, I purchased the Dale A ackerman angle angle kit. Here is a

 The ackerman angle is equal last time I checked, using Dale A's ackerman
kit, which includes an adapter and extensions for the parts you
purchase, which include a MG Miget R&P, MGB Steering Arms, and Alpine
tie rod ends.  This is an improvement from the stock Tiger ackerman
angles which has a larger radius on the inside turning radius than the
outside.  By now, you are aware that when backing up, with the wheels
turned sharply, this has been the probable cause of the lower fulcrum
pin breaking.

On this kit you do not change anything on the stock Tiger crossmember.
Others who I have talked to swear by the kit, good swearing that is.  I
am too new in my resto to tell yet, but the ackerman angle has changed
to the better.

Prices are what you can negotiate with the local junk yard, british car
repair shop, or whoever.  Just call around to get prices in your area,
so you will find out what it will cost you, not someone else.

Good Luck.

Larry