Re: Dist. Cap

To: DrMayf@aol.com
Subject: Re: Dist. Cap
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 13:11:17 -0400
MayF, very interesting comment.  I always wondered, that if the spark
had good energy, then why would the gap mean anything, since its going
to ignite the gas.  I don't have the experience, and have never seen
this discussion in the hot rod mags, on the hp and torque of the same
engine, with different plug gaps.  I guess I may have missed this, or it
is not interesting enough to do an article on.

I do understand that cd, such as in the MSD unit has major advantages,
and firing over a period of the crank of up to 20 degrees also makes
sense to me.  There have been articles on this, and of course you seen
the MSD unit on just about everything that races.  I have used an MSD
unit for over 20 years, and they have worked very well on all the cars I
have owned.

Did your engineer index the plugs?

Larry