Generator Brushes

To: "Tiger Submission" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Generator Brushes
From: "Harry Elam" <hbelam@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:13:24 -0400
Thanks to all who responded.  I wanted to share with the "list"
what turned out to be the best answer for my Tiger.  Based on
BOBCARNUT's advice, I ordered two sets of ECHLIN
F404 brush sets from my "friendly" NAPA store.  When I
went by to pick them up, I looked inside both boxes to see
what I was buying and found the brush sets different, even
though the boxes were marked the same. Unsure which were
correct and a distance from home, I bought both sets.  So,
if this happens to you, get the set with the connection screw
holes the same size as your originals.  The ones with larger
connection screw holes were too large to fit in the brush guides.

Quick recap - 1) use Echlin F404 is you have the Ford generator
with larger brushes,  2) check them to see that the brush
connections
are the same size as the originals.

Again, thanks to all who came to my aid with sage advice, and
a special thanks to Bob.
BTW - price was $4.17.

Harry Elam
B382000471