steering wheel hub

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: steering wheel hub
From: Scott Minton <sminton2000@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:19:07 -0800 (PST)
Greetings to all!

I'm new to the list and have enjoyed the dialogue over
the last couple of weeks.

I'm just finishing a 10 yr (ouch!) restoration on my
Mk1a.  I need a new steering wheel and was wondering
what hubs can be used.  In my CAT tech notes they
mention Ford Cortina.  I was hoping that there might
be a more modern and available equivalent.

Also, along those same lines, does anyone have
experience installing an aftermarket tilt steering
column?  It seems to me this should be relatively
easy.

TIA for the insights.

Scott Minton
'66 Mk1a