Offset Drive Shaft

To: "TIGERS" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Offset Drive Shaft
From: "W_Pierzga" <W_Pierzga@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 14:28:21 -0500
Hi:

As I have reassembled my Tiger II I notice that the rear axel appears to be
offset toward the passenger side. The consequence is that the drive shaft is
VERY, VERY close to the rear of the tunnel on the passenger side (about 1/2
to 3/4 inch gap when you drop a line from the rear edge of the tunnel).

Since the axel fits onto a pin built into the springs I do not see any way
that I could have misassembled things. I do not see any way to shift the
axel assembly to either side.

I am worried that the drive shaft is so close to the rear tunnel that it may
in fact touch it when the car is driven hard around a right turn.

I would be grateful for any advice on this. Should I be worried or is this
simply a normal manufacturing misalignment - the car clearly has been driven
for years with this problem (assuming I have indeed assembled things
correctly....)?

Cheers,

Wayne