Non - Tiger, smog question

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Non - Tiger, smog question
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 14:18:17 -0800
Grumble, grumble, I put a can of Slick 50 fuel system cleaner in my wifes
'94 Intrepid 3.5 before having it pretested for smog (California style).
Within 30 miles of putting the Slick 50 in the "Check Engine" light started
to come on intermittently (and might I add increasingly). The "Check Engine"
light NEVER came on before this "additive".  I did a pretest after the 350
miles it took to burn up that tank full and  Nox level was high (about
1100-1200 ppm) - the HC and CO were good. What exactly does the Slick 50
look like (?), what I poured in the tank had a slight viscosity to it
(similar to ATF, but no real color). Interestingly I found the cap loose
(after I purchased it) but didn't think much of it. Now I'm wondering it
someone bought it, used it, then dumped something (who knows what) "else" in
the container and returned it. Any help appreciated as this takes time and
money away from the Tiger. Thanks, Tom