Re: Axle Spines

To: Tom Witt <wittsend@jps.net>
Subject: Re: Axle Spines
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 10:11:32 -0800
Tom Witt wrote:

> John,
>  There are 19 splines (the raised portion) on the axle for the stock Tiger
> diff.. I counted them twice just to be sure. Sorry, but I can't recommend a
> locking diff.. Try Tigers United sight http://www.tigersunited.com and look
> around. Tom Witt

Thanks Tom,

I am sure it's in there.  Using "Search" for "Dana" might shorten the source
pages.

Personally, I recommend the Dana unit made by Salisbury (English) for the
Jaguar.  It is either the English subsidiary of Dana, or makes the identical
(nearly) unit under license.

The difference is, that while all the parts are interchangeable with the US
unit, the holes in the differential ring gear carrier are slightly larger.
This allows the larger English ring gear bolt and 2.88:1 ring gear to be used.

If an American Dana is used, and one wishes to retain the stock ratio, then
the carrier holes must be enlarged slightly (machine shop job, not hand drill)
to accommodate the larger stock bolt.  On the other hand, if you have the
English unit and want to use the US Ford ring gear/pinion ratios, a stepped
bolt is available to allow this as well.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

http://www.TigersUnited.com/gallery/SteveLaifman.asp

                            _/
                     _/_/_/