Re: What are those holes for?

To: Tiger289@aol.com
Subject: Re: What are those holes for?
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 10:33:17 -0800
Tiger289@aol.com wrote:

> Frank,
>     Those holes are to mount the throttle stop bracket that you apparently
> don't have.
>       Andy

Just as an added precaution, when I put the LAT 1 high rise on I did not
replace the cable with the longer one SS has, or build the LAT 1 custom cable
end retainer.  I would get fill throttle opening, but had failed to adjust
that stop to the new set-up.  As a result, the carb would bottom on the
throttle stops, and all the foot pressure was resisted by the carb.

It did not take long for that cable to fail in tension, and my pedal was
disconnected from the carb.  Driving home at a fast set idle was rather
painful.

A new, longer cable, the proper cable support bracket coming off of the rear
carb stud, and the adjustment to allow the pedal stop and wide open throttle
position to coincide, relieving the cable of any added load from an excited
foot, fixed everything.

Even with the stock manifold, it is very important that the pedal stop
coincide with the carb stop to avoid excess strain on the cable.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

http://www.TigersUnited.com/gallery/SteveLaifman.asp

                            _/
                     _/_/_/