Re: inquiry 121200b

To: <RSpontelli@aol.com>
Subject: Re: inquiry 121200b
From: "Jan Sven-Erik Harde" <harde@cyberesc.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:20:41 -0800
 Hello Ramon & all,

Yep that MONSTER Miata is something, I first saw it displayed at the
Huntington Beach Concurs show. I believe that their company name is MONSTER
auto works, they are located in the Santa Barbara area.
They had 3 cars there: The standard MONSTER, a 5.0 L Mustang, then a Super
charged version, and then the BIG one... " The twin TURBO charged, Twin
Inter-Cooled GODZILLA MIATA " it had a Green Godzilla embroidered in the
seat head rests, and one on the tail of the car, it punched out right at
620hp, and was like the others equipped with the MX6 rear end, the mounting
points for the motor (like Ramon said) were moved back a bit, to try and
even the weight distribution a bit, but they were probably a bit sloppy in
the turns..
I know the magazine, and it pictures the GODZILLA Miata on the cover, and I
might just have it..

Have a very HAPPY HOLIDAY and most of all a HEALTHY one, to ALL...

P.S. IF YOU GET A CHANCE, CHECK OUT ONE OF MY PT CRUISERS, TURBO CHARGED AND
INTER-COOLED.. a FAST ride..
http://ptcruizin.com/pt.html

Jan...

> <<If I remember correctly reading about the Ford powered Miata, it did
have a fair amount of additional weight in the front, and the article on it
said that it did plow in the turns more than a stock Miatia.  I think
> a decently set up Tiger would give it a very good run for its money.>>
>
> A few years ago, Theresia was an instructor in an SCCA-sponsored driving
school for novice lady drivers.  One lady registered with a Monster Miata,
and they put her in Theresia's group.  She's a very skilled Tiger pilot, and
her daily driver is a 5.0 Mustang GT, so "If anybody'll know how to drive
that thing, it's Theresia," is what they said.

> She was not impressed with the car at all.  Given a ride choice, she'd
pick both the Tiger and the Mustang before the Monster Miata.