Re: Brakes - M cyl, Rear cyl questions

To: Tom Witt <wittsend@jps.net>
Subject: Re: Brakes - M cyl, Rear cyl questions
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 10:38:30 -0500
Tom, go to Dave Bean Engineering in CA for conversion parts for the MC.
I used them for the Datsun 310 MC for my car.  They know brakes and
prices are reasonable.  On my setup, the bolt holes of the Datsun MC did
not match the Tigers, so I elongated the Tigers holes.  Just off by
1/16" or so.  I also used the alum spacer from the original Tiger, and
cut it in half to get the spacing needed for the MC to fit with the
clutch MC.  Dave Bean also supplied an adjustable clevis pin to mate the
MC to the Tiger brake pedal.  Some cut and fit work, but works fine.

I used the Lockheed servo from Rick, but I understand that he does not
have them anymore.  I like them as they are cast iron, and not the soft
alum in the Girling, although you can get the Girling sleeved.

HP Books has a brake book that is the best book that I have seen on
brakes.  Worth the money to understand what you are doing from a
reliable source.  The author is know in the brake industry as a real expert.

Good luck.

Larry

BTW, if you want to have a company do a custom brake setup for you, I
have several that estimated that the cost would be between $3000-$5000,
plus parts.  Not many brake people out there for custom work, at least
in my searches.