RE: Snap map help

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <larry.p@erols.com>
Subject: RE: Snap map help
From: "Frank Marrone" <marrone@wco.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 10:10:27 -0800
Mark Said...

> BTW, since the insulation is about 1/2-3/4" thick, won't it be
> higher than
> the snaps?   Do the snaps have to be built up and the insulation
> cut around
> them?   For me it wasn't a consideration.  I bought the carpet in
> bulk, made
> up the pieces and believe I attached with upholstery or auto
> tacks.  But the
> insulation, in my opinion, is the way to go.   Mark L.

I had assumed that the snaps were installed after the underlayment and
therefore would lie on top of the underlayment and not need building up.  I
suspect the snaps would sink into the bed of the underlayment some but a
small recess should be OK so the snap locations are not actually a high spot
on the floor.

I'm sure someone will be kind enough to help here too?  Please?

Frank
B9471116