Re: Rear Brakes, brackets & Lines

To: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Rear Brakes, brackets & Lines
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 09:01:27 -0500
Jim, while I can't help you with the exact sequence of assembly of the
parts, if you don't get a response, call Dave Bean Engineering.  They
were very helpful with my custom brake design, and provided answers to
questions freely.

If you need parts, they either have it or know a source.  Prices are
good, and their knowledge on various brake questions was most impressive.

They have a web site, but if you can't find them let me know, and I will
look it up.

I used the bubble flare lines found at Pep Boys with success, and no
leaks.  I also made new flares, where the stock length was too long.

I did learn that you must have a Very Good flaring tool, or it will
leak.  I tried a Harbor Freight, no good, a Mac Tool, no good, and then
finally a Snap On that worked the first time.  You can  tell by looking
at the flare if it will leak or not after you do a number of them. Just
compare your flare with a factory made flare.

Good Luck

Larry