RE: RX rotary question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: RX rotary question
From: "Smit, Theo" <theo.smit@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 08:26:17 -0800
I'd dispute the "no value due to the transplant" comment unless (I don't
know the particular car) the conversion was poorly done. Maybe it has less
value as a classic piece of British engineering (?) but probably more value
as a dependable means of daily transportation, or as a competitive autocross
combination. The *resale* value is more dependent on finding a suitable
audience (case in point: Ebay) than on the inherent goodness of the thing
itself.

Objectively, an Alpine with 150+ hp is a lot of fun, as all us Tiger owners
are well aware of. Getting that kind of power out of a Rootes engine would
be expensive and probably not very streetable, and would likely devalue the
car similarly to what removing the original driveline, and substituting
something more capable does.

Regards,
Theo