Re: Parts Book

To: Frank Marrone <Fmarrone@turinnetworks.com>
Subject: Re: Parts Book
From: Dick Barker <dickbarker@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:35:37 -0800
At 03:28 PM 01/12/2001 -0800, Frank Marrone wrote:
I thought that maybe in order to annoy the list members less with Tiger
reassembly trivia questions I should consider the tiger parts list currently
on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=539449764&;
r=0&t=0

Is there enough detail in this book to make it worth the >$150 it is likely
to go for?

Is there an alternate source for this book at a more reasonable cost?

Frank
B9471116

Frank,

The publications offered by this auction are the official Rootes Tiger
parts references, consisting of a large "Alpine" book for all parts common
to both the Alpine and Tiger, with a smaller supplement for parts unique to
the Tiger.  They list literally every nut and bolt which dealers could
order as replacement parts for Sunbeams, and have good exploded views of
nearly every sub-assembly.

Except for copies of these publications, as far as I know there are no
alternate sources.  These books are pretty hard to find, especially in good
condition (no greasy fingerprints, etc.)  Frankly, I have never seen a good
set that was cheap, and I'll bet that the current one goes for more than $150.

Good luck.....Dick