fuel pump

To: "Tigers List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: fuel pump
From: "William T. Daniel II" <drbill@2geton.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 09:04:15 -0500
I have almost completed a 10 year restoration of my 66 M1a Tiger. Ready to
start the engine, but no fuel in the filter.  The problem is my new SU Fuel
pump wont Pump. I got it about 5 years ago and left it in the box. It has a
good ground and power from the battery. There is no movement of the
solenoid. My Restoration is as close as possible to original, therefore I
want to keep the original pump. Any suggestions as to the cause? any help is
appreciated.         Thanks, Bill Daniel