progress +models+ SA tiger+...

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: progress +models+ SA tiger+...
From: "Derek White" <derekw@coppernet.zm>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 15:14:23 +0200
Hi all,

Not too much interest in the models-- just two orders so far. Since I am
leaving Zambia in May this is a limited time offer.

I found a Getrag 262 5-speed from a 3.0 litre Opel. I will let you know how
the fitting goes when I do it-- aluminium bell housing is slightly too small
to start with. I may try to grind it out and then reinforce it on the
outside. Are aluminium SB Ford bellhousings easy to find?

While the Edelbrock performer RPM heads were nicely machined to fit the
Felpro gaskets, the Performer 289 inlet manifold was not. I assembled to get
some reference points for alignment and am boring out the manifold to match
the gaskets too. I think I told you that I found lots of bronze reaming bits
stuck to the valve stem lubricating paste. It is worth stripping and
rebuilding these "bolt on" items. The heads also had several very sharp
machined points in the chambers (not great for high compression-- even in
aluminium.)

A friend of mine in Johannesburg is selling his South African tiger for
about $15,000. I have asked him to send me more details, photos etc. If you
are serious, you can contact him directly at meto@global.co.za  Tell him
Derek sent ya.

Where can I easily find a 1972 Ford Falcon clutch master cyl and slave cyl.?
This is for a friend here who helps me out a lot.

Thanks a lot. Cheers, derek