Maxwell Smart Wanna-be

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Maxwell Smart Wanna-be
From: "Mark Meswarb" <meswarb@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:45:56 -0600
First, out of the 100's of photos I took during my resto, I can't find any
of the Mk II oil cooler or how the lines were run.  There is a dip in the
hard-line running below the cooler on one side.  Which side does it belong
on?  How are the lines supposed to run?

Why am I doing this:
On the way home from a car show the other day, I spied one of those new
Porsches in traffic up ahead.  I don't know anything about Porsches, but it
had those big diameter wheels.  Curious to test it performance, I made a
break for it when traffic cleared.  YeeeHaaaw.  Oh-ooh.  What was that huge
cloud of smoke eminating so heavily from the rear of my car if was forcing
traffic onto the shoulder?  Was it my Maxwell Smart smoke screen?  Nope.
Aah, that sweet, familiar smell of radiator fluid.  How can that be?
Everything's new!

After the requisite washing of antifreeze, EVERYWHERE, I searched for the
leak.  The hoses all looked fine.  The bottom of the water pump, seal hole
was dry.  ????   So I started adding distilled water 'til it leaked.  It was
coming out the top from between the front of the head and intake.  That's a
new one.  Does this mean my intake is warped or maybe has been milled?

I was planning to pull the radiator anyway to install an electric fan, after
reading Tiger Tom's Most Excellent Research.  So now I need a new intake and
while everything's apart, I'm putting in the oil cooler.  If you read all
this, you must really be bored.

Please accept my thanks, in advance, for your help, so I don't have to
burden the list with acknowledgements to everyone who responds.

Mark