Re: hardtop windows

To: SFordRB@aol.com
Subject: Re: hardtop windows
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:42:49 -0500
Sean,
        Have a couple of old rear wing windows hanging on the
wall.  I will see if I can trace one and scan it.

 I also put Lexan in the rear window of a Tiger Hardtop.  Bad idea.

First it is difficult to bend the Lexan in 3 dimensions.

Second, the Lexan is quickly damaged by gasoline fumes
and exhaust gas. Have been unable to do an effective job
of polishing the crud off the inside and outside of the
Lexan window.

 My Lexan, which was designed for exterior house windows had a
slight bronze tint.  It was excellent as a rear window for about
 6 months, then it started turning just like the vinel window of
 a rag top.  Now after a couple of years it is difficult to see through.
 Plexiglass lasted much longer in a previous replacement.  It got
scratched and it cracked internally, but after several years I could
still see through it.

Presently using a modified Trimph Stag hardtop which has a glass
rear window.  That I can see through.

At 03:20 PM 3/12/2001 EST, you wrote:
>Does anyone have templates for the side window and rear window for the
>hardtop. I've got the Lexan, but would rather not try the trial and error
>method. Thanks in advance.
>
>Sean B9471382

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others