Re: Coolant Recovery

To: Lbatman4U@aol.com
Subject: Re: Coolant Recovery
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:31:59 EST
Larry

I simply took the existing overflow hose and run
it to the washer bottle.  I had to jury rig the hose
to fit the brass fitting on the washer bottle.  Then
I added clamps to make the hoses air tight so
they wouldn't lose the vacuum.  As you suggest
if you don't use the right radiator cap (recovery type)
and don't use air tight connections, you are wasting
your time.  I found the small hose running from the
radiator to the header tank to be the toughest to
seal up.  The whole thing works great.  When the
engine is hot you can see the washer bottle fill up
and when it cools down, the fluid is sucked back in.

Does it make a huge difference.  I doubt it.  Like I
said I just got tired of watching my Tiger mark its
territory.

Dave Johnson, Aurora, IL