First Drive, Almost

To: Tiger Email Network <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: First Drive, Almost
From: Stu Brennan <stubrennan@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 16:46:44 -0400
So we finally had a beautiful spring day here in Massachusetts, and I
had the day off.  Took care of some important business in the morning
and mid day, then my plans for the later afternoon fell through.  What
to do....what to do.....

A no brainer, right?  Open the garage, move the snowblower aside, pull
the cover off, turn the master switch on.  It's time for the first Tiger
drive of the year.

The Tiger started reluctantly, and I cautiously backed out of the
garage.  Suddenly I noticed a strong fuel smell, so I switched off.
Opening the hood I found a puddle of gas gathering under the accel. pump
area, right next to the distributor.  Wouldn't THAT have been exciting.

Mine is the original stock two barrel, probably untouched since new.
Since it will be coming off, I don't want to just fix the pump, I want
to rebuild the works, clean it our, etc.

I am looking for sources for rebuild kits, etc.  I'm betting that most
parts shops don't list Tigers in their application charts, so what do I
tell them I need?  Any good or bad kits out there?

So much for the first drive of the year.  Went about 20 feet.  But at
least it wasn't a total disaster.

Stu Brennan