Re: First Drive, Almost

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: First Drive, Almost
From: geewhiz <geewhiz@inreach.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 15:52:42 -0700
Not sure about good/bad kits or application, but one thing that tends to go
wrong with the Autolite carb is warpage of the accelerator pump cover.  When you
remove yours, lay it on a flat surface to check it.  If the ears are bent so
that the cover stops touching the pump diaphragm, you may need to resurface it
so it does again.  I use the top of my table saw for a flat surface, and lay a
sheet of 180 grit paper on top, then move the cover back and forth across the
surface.  Move to 220, then 400 grit papers until it's smooth again.

It's a very simple carb, and is easy to disassemble and clean.

Good luck!

Gerard

--
Change your own oil?  Want to save money and help
the Earth?  You need BOB!  http://www.BOB2000.com

Fast Fords, ATV's, & A Moving Tribute to My Late Father
Personal Homepage: http://www.bob2000.com/4277.htm

I delete old emails.  Be sure to quote our previous correspondence!