Re: Eau De Gasoline

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Eau De Gasoline
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 23:05:55 -0500
Bruce:

More than likely, your problem stems from a deteriorated fuel tank vent
line.  This line runs from the fuel filler neck across the car through the
body at the base of the convertible top and connects to the fuel guage tank
sending unit.  This will usually fill the interior of the car with a strong
gasoline smell, especially after filling the tanks.  Just fish out the old
hose and replace it with a new one.  While you're at it, also check the
nipple that comes off the side of the filler neck where the vent hose hooks
to.  It's possible that it could be cracked, too.

Good luck,
Andy Walker
B382001600