Intranet

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Intranet
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:50:23 -0500
Listers,
I have been absent due to some incompetence by my IT department but I am
back now and BOY do I feel bad.
Dick, I especially feel badly that you endured some heat over what I
perceive is a misunderstanding by many about the purpose of the site.

Clarification: I am not choosing to compete with anyone who runs a web site
on the net. In fact here is a link to Tigers United (The Best Tiger Site I
know of) All I wished to do was create an area where it would act as a
repository for those who wished to share info or electronic pictures and
files without having to set up a web site.
I have used intranets.com for about 2 years for business purposes and have
not received any junk mail or solicitations.
My intention was just to be helpful and using the password of "sunbeam" I
thought I was being sufficiently intuitive.

Note: I do not profit from this site or benefit in any way other than
feeling somewhat altruistic. I was in a position to provide access to post
pictures and files solely because I could.
In order to protect us from malicious people I "chose" to set up a password.
I can easily turn it off if people wish but that might expose us to hackers
who might like to modify files only to have them opened unsuspectingly by
us. You know modifying pictures so that Tigers might appear to have small
block Chevy engines or wheel flares....you know bad stuff.

To all not choosing to access the site I am cool with that but there are
currently 84 people registered who all have he ability to post whatever they
like. Post links and just tell people that the password is "sunbeam" if you
can remember it.

Is anyone interested in a pictorial build up of my 350 stroker Tiger. I ask
because I will be starting in about 2 weeks and if there is interest I will
detail it in photos as a "How To". Steve, would it be a good addition to the
performance section of Tigers United?

Best regards to all from a new So. Californian,
Tim Ronak
B382000680