Parts availablity and support for Kurt

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parts availablity and support for Kurt
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 11:42:07 -0400
I have to say that I really appreciate Kurt's help and assistance.  Lately,
I have been calling almost every week with orders for bits and pieces as
I am rushing to put together my Sunbeam (ex-Sesslar race car) and Kurt has
really gone out of his way (even with the broken leg).

You just have to understand that these pieces are getting more difficult to
find... period.  Try going straight to the supplier.   I don't think you
are going to do much better.

I have tried going to Holbay in England for parts... it took over 2 weeks
JUST to reply with a quote to my e-mail... even after I called them to
discuss my order - it wasn't even an "odd" order other than it being Sunbeam
parts!

I have even tried ordering direct from one of the Sunbeam vendors
overseas.  I gave up after at week and a half of calling every other
day just trying to get the verification that they had the set of pistons.

Body parts may be different but I doubt it.   You simply wait until the
vendor is ready to produce a batch but until then you will wait.  (Try
ordering parts for an Alfa Romeo Sprint Special... talk about planning
ahead)

If there is a lesson to be learned it is you must plan the project early and
source parts well in advance... expect the worse and order everything you
need from one vendor with the knowledge you may have to source from
another...

Steven Silverstein