Re: Revisionist Rodding

To: laceyf@crosslink.net
Subject: Re: Revisionist Rodding
From: twojohnsons@home.com
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 08:36:34 -0400
Forget the 351W heads. The aftermarket makes better flowing aluminum heads now
that will end up costing less than building a set of 351Ws, if you can even
find a set of 351Ws. There were only 2 years--'69 & 70-- that worked before
pollution regs lowered the compression so much that they became useless for a
performance application.. Ford's GT-40 heads are about the same as a ported
351Ws.
I have Edelbrock heads---$950 shipped. The rest of your equation is spot-on.
Gears really wake em up.
Al J.