Re: Carb rebuild questions

To: stubrennan@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: Carb rebuild questions
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:04:24 EDT
Stu

Where the vent is shouldn't matter just as long as
there is a vent.  Remember the idea is to release
vapor pressure when the gas boils in the float bowl
due to engine heat.  Of course Tigers never run hot.

I watched a 66 GT 350 owner at Road America
undo his air cleaner after running a few hot laps.
The ensuing flames did wonders for his hood scoop.
I ran all the way across the pits with my fire
extinguisher to put it out.  None of the other
Shelby gearheads had an extinguisher or knew
what to do.

I recommend all Tiger owners have a small
extinguisher.  It will fit nicely between the passenger
seat and the door sill.  It should be a Rootes
extinguisher if you are going concurs.

Dave Johnson