Re: axles

To: cvaught@hawaii.rr.com
Subject: Re: axles
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 10:15:52 -0400
Chris, I don't remember the number of splines on the axle, but can go to the
garage if you don't get an answer for the stock tiger diff.  There are several
article on the United site on removal, and make sure they don't just use a big
hammer.  I did it myself, and it is a little hard to get it off the first time.

SS has new axles and seals if you need them.  Be sure to check the run out and
have them shim it properly.  Also check that the axle is straight with a dial
indicator.  The specs are in the manual.

Finally, make sure that they use anti seize on the reassemble of the hub.
Otherwise it will be hard to get it off if you have to again.

If you have 3.31 ring and pinion, let me know off line.

Larry