Re: Advice

To: "PAUL R SHEAHAN" <sunbeamtiger@Prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Advice
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 18:48:19 -0400
At 08:39 AM 5/5/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>To the mechanical minds on the list,
>     I need some mechanical advice.  After my car has been running for about
>twenty minutes, it develops a skip in the engine. The longer it runs the
>worse it gets to the point that the engine stalls.  I have replaced the fuel
>pump and the fuel filter.  It is still missing a beat somewhere.
>     My next thought would be to check the points, rotar, condensor, and the
>distributor cap.
>     Any additional advice would be appreciated.
>
>Paul
>Paul R. Sheahan

Paul,
        In addition to the ignition problems already discussed:
Consider that crud in the gas tank is clogging up your fuel
filter.  I had that problem, went through 3 pumps and 4-5 filters
before I finally figured it out.  I added a tempory fuel pressure
gauge, mounted externally and saw the pressure go from 6 psi to
1 or so psi.  This happened at the same intersection several times
after I had been running for 15 or so minutes.  Solved my problem
by going to a Fuel Safe Fuel cell.  Cleaning out the original
tanks and cross over pipe may also solve the problem.
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others