Re:Clutch Problems

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Clutch Problems
From: rkegg@juno.com
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 20:16:12 -0400
To the List:
        I would really appreciate some help form those of you who have owned
Tigers for a while. I am a new owner and I am facing some problems with
my clutch. Supposedly it is a new clutch, but it slips some during all
out acceleration in fourth gear. There is a small chance that it could be
due to a lack of free play in the clutch assembly. I know that it is a
hydraulic clutch, but there is a threaded pushrod coming out of the slave
cylinder, so there is some sort of adjustment available. Can anyone
enlighten me as to how the adjustment is performed?.

Also, does anyone know if the transmission can be removed from the
bottom, without pulling the engine?

Can the engine be pulled alone, without the transmission?

Thanks for your help......

Randy Kegg
1967 Mk 1A
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!