Re: Re:Clutch Problems

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re:Clutch Problems
From: rkegg@juno.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 23:06:24 -0400
Just thought you would like to know...........
I examined the adjustable slave cylinder pushrod this morning. It was
adjusted to a length of 5.5 inches. At this length, there was no free
play on the clutch operating arm. The clutch arm was actually preloaded
to the extent that the clutch slipped under max acceleration in 4th gear.
I readjusted the pushrod to a length of  5.25 inches. This provided a
slight amount of free play for the clutch arm. My clutch no longer
slips.....at all. The car performs perfectly. So, the adjustment of this
arm can be important. I am very happy that I don't have to take the Tiger
apart right now. Instead, I can drive it..............

Randy Kegg
1967 Mk 1A

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!