Gas Tank Removal

To: "Tigers List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas Tank Removal
From: "Shaun Laughy" <shaunl@home.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 18:54:50 -0700
I haven't yet gotten to the point of determining the cause of my stalling
Tiger but, if it turns out to be the gas tank paint flaking problem, I want to
be prepared for removing and servicing the tanks.   I've checked the list
archive and the workshop manual, but I haven't found anything that details the
procedure for removal/replacement of the tanks.  I'm not even sure if they are
removed through the trunk or from underneath.  Also, when I do remove them,
should I look at replacing all of the gaskets and hoses?  Any info, advice,
cautions, etc., would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Shaun