Shelby Acceptance

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shelby Acceptance
From: "Steve Metcalfe" <scmetcalfe@seatac.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:53:14 -0700
I find this topic very confusing.  Shelby himself considers the cars part of
his stable with Cobras, GT 350's etc., but at the national level of the club
which carries his own name doesn't?

Perhaps I am missing something between the lines, but it seems as if people at
the national level of this club don't like seeing the snot kicked out of their
precious Mustangs at races by Tigers or have some other axe to grind against
the marque.  Maybe the president of the club owned a Tiger and had to work on
it himself.  I could at least understand that....

Sounds as if someone needs to talk to Shelby (who admittedly likes the Tiger)
and have him get nasty with the powers at be with the Shelby Registry or at the
very least find out EXACTLY why the Tiger is not to be considered.  He probably
has more pull than anyone.

Steve
B9470636