New Guy

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: New Guy
From: RGGAMMA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 16:17:59 EDT
Hey and Howdy all,

My name is Randy Sneed and I have just purchased a MK1, Red/tan, 302, T5.
B9472076, JAL550178.  Car was sold by Chicago Car Exchange.  Anyone with any
ownership trail or info on this unit please share your thoughts.
My romance with Tigers started in late 1964 when as a young Marine I took a
test drive in a green Tiger at a dealership in the Washington, DC area.  It
had a black and not wood dash as I recall.  I was hooked...........My ride
then was a Mini Cooper 970S so you could imagine the torque rush I had.  My
E3 pay scale would not permit me to purchase the car so with a tear in my eye
I marched on.

Now years (lot'O years) later I have my Tiger.  I have been through many many
phases of Automobile euphoria;  GT350H, MG's, faux wood sided station wagons,
and for the past 5 years, Street Rods.   A guy can only stomach so many 32
fords in various pastel colours that only get driven from trailer to car show
and never really get driven for the 'fun of it'.  Soooooo  I sold my roadster
(29 Mod A lowboy) and went in search for my lost love; the Tiger.   The car
should arrive by covered transport late next week.  Maybe then I can get some
sleep.  I look forward to exchanging ideas and questions with those on the
list.

I live just northwest of Colorado Springs, CO and am a service manager in a
local Chevrolet dealership.(Sorry!!) and am looking forward to retirement in
a very few years.

Cheers
Randy 'Gunny' Sneed