Re: oil filter hoses

To: tsmit@home.com, jamesbrt@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: oil filter hoses
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:19:58 EDT
In a message dated 7/24/01 11:09:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tsmit@home.com
writes:

> f you take your hoses to a hydraulics place make sure they understand it's
> for
>  an engine oiling system and not hydraulics, so they use the correct ID
(1/2"
> or
>  greater) fittings and hose. A friend went the same route, didn't think to
> check
>  the hose and fittings ID, and ended up with insufficient oil flow for the
>  bearing
I tried this route and the hoses the shop made were so stiff there were not
able to be bent into the required configuration, so I ended up trashing them
and going with the shortey oil filter (which on my car is a pain to change
due to interference with the suspension. - anyone else have this problem with
the shortey?)

Rob