Drip edge molding swiss cheese

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Drip edge molding swiss cheese
From: "Frank Marrone" <marrone@wco.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 21:23:14 -0700
Hi,

The parts book shows the drip molding on the end of the windshield secured
with four screws.  These screws also hold the wing/door edge seal to the
windshield and additional screws hold the bottom of the seal to door jam on
the body.  The drip edge and the seal are on top of the windshield trim end
pieces so the four screws also hold the end pieces to the windshield.  The
drip molding and the end pieces of the windshield trim on my car have a ton
of additional holes where pop-rivets were used to attach the two stainless
trim pieces to the windshield frame in addition to the four screws.

Are the pop rivets OEM or where they added by a PO?  Should I add pop rivets
when I reinstall?  Any advice on how to install these pieces correctly is
welcomed.  Any photos of a properly installed drip edge molding and seal
would be greatly appreciated.

Frank
B9471116