I give up

Subject: I give up
From: "James Pickard" <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 22:51:29 -0500
I've got a tach rebuilt by MoMa and I'm running a Pertronics ignition.  The
Pertronics is great, but the tach only functions properly to 3000 rpm.  Above
that it falls back to zero.  I know I'm not the only one on this list with
this problem.  I sent the tach back to MoMa, who checked it out, pronounced it
fine, then forwarded it to Pertronics.  Pertronics returned the tach with two
diodes to add in series to the wire between the tach and the coil.  Without
the diodes, the tach works as before (only works to 3000 rpm).  With the
diodes, the tach doesn't work at all.

So I give up.  I'm tired of screwing with this.  Give me some options here.  I
won't go back to points, but I'll change from the Pertronics to something
else.  Or I'll change tachs as long as it looks stock.  Money isn't an issue.
What combinations work well?

Jim Pickard
B9473298