Re: Rear axle cover gasket

To: "Chris Hill" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Subject: Re: Rear axle cover gasket
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 19:57:18 -0400
At 03:25 AM 8/12/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>I used the Permatex Copper on a warped exhaust manifold (high heat, right at
>the head !) on an old Jag with remarkably successful results.  Probably would
>work well on a rear end if you tightened the bolts carefully.
>
>                       Chris Hill
Chris,
        I use it on my 351C headers with no problem as well as differential
covers, holes in firewall, insulation for coil terminals, pan gasket
replacement,
rocker cover gasket replacement, thermostat gasket, water pump gasket and just
about any similar thing on my Tiger except head gaskets or where raw gasoline
would get to it.
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others