Re: Tick, Tick, Tick, ....Boom???

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "SJC Worldwide" <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Tick, Tick, Tick, ....Boom???
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 20:43:27 -0700
Steve,
 I would guess you will hear a 101 possibilies, but you might want to check
a few of these that I have heard of:
1. sometimes a frayed belt or flat spot and cause the sound on the pulley
(in  a sense the pulley is a bell).
2. make sure the fan isn't barely hitting anything or the fan bolts are not
loose. Remeber it may appear tight with the belt tension, but the bolts
could still be loose.
3. I once knew a guy who was having troubles,  an interior wire from a
flexible radiator hose had wound its way around the impeller.
4. could be the advance weights in the distibutor as they are 'close' to the
pump.
5. consider the A/C System (depending on how powered, by what pulley) might
be a contributor.

Hope this helps 'tick' off a few of the possibilities. Tom Witt B9470101