RE: carb

To: "Steve Laifman" <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>,
Subject: RE: carb
From: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 14:16:31 -0700
Steve L. and Steve F.,

Sorry, Steve L., for the little jab about Carter carbs, but I thought it was
about time those of use using Holleys took a swing. ;-)

On a (slightly) more serious note, don't you think that even accounting for
normal overnight evaporation, there should still be enough gas to let the
accelerator pumps work? Are Carters hard starting on cars with mechanical
pumps? I could go out and check how many squirts I have left in my Holley.
It's been about a week since I drove it, so it should be pretty low. Wait a
minute - I'll be right back.  tick, tock, tick, tock, . . .

OK, I'm back. I gave six full strokes and got six full squirts; way more
than enough to start any engine. Does your Carter/Edelbrock do that well?
Your turn to check. No fair if it hasn't set for at least 24 hours.

Bob