Re: Tops

To: "Steve Laifman" <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>, <RGGAMMA@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Tops
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 11:38:31 -0400
Wally Swift made a little fold up stand with casters so that he could roll
his top around after removal.  No bell person required.  I built a non
folding heavy duty one for home garage use, and it's really convenient.

The factory canvas soft top I had on my '70 FIAT was about as durable as the
rest of the car.  Enough said.  I've seen the tan canvas top on Jim
Morrison's car, and I must say it really looks nice.  I hope modern
materials have improved durability, but of course Tigers typically live much
easier lives (weatherwise) than my Fiat did.

Allow me to add another vote for hard tops on long distance trips.  Quieter,
better outward vision, much less buffeting, better ventilation that with the
soft top up, and it's lighter in the cockpit with the white headliner and
additional window area.  (I have a black interior and soft top)  I don't
have a radio, but conversations with a passenger are much easier.

Stu