RE: Tops

To: <DJoh797014@aol.com>, <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: RE: Tops
From: "Chris Thompson" <cthompson@rrinc.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 23:46:40 -0400
Best is to get a lift. Then you can raise the car, clip the top to the
ceiling, change the oil, and then lower the car.  I got a used lift for
about $1,500, not much more than some of these top raisers and you can use
it to do oh so many other things....

Chris Thompson
B382000331

Dave J wrote:

I built mine from scrap 2x4's.  I put eyelets in the
4 corners Dan joined them in the middle.  I then
bought a pulley system with the most pulley's I
could find.  Used lots of rope but I can raise the
entire thing with one hand.  Didn't I have some
questions about pulleys and force required in
HS Physics,  Finally I put some of that knowledge
to use.

Dave Johnson B382002668(under repair) Aurora, IL