RE: newsletter issue

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: newsletter issue
From: fhsloth3@cs.com
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 12:35:22 -0400
PMUSS@aol.com wrote:

>listed below is an e-mail sent to the editor of Tiger Tales Which I feel was
>not proper. Due to this we may be loosing our editor.
>
>written to the editor:
>Sadly, I've just received "Tales" - VOL. 31 ISSUE 07.
>
>Please include a disclaimer in the nest issue of your magazine indicating
>that even if you don't know Tom Sakai drives a Tiger, I do and the picture
>I sent you included his car.
>
>p.s. Idiots
>
>Response from the editor:
>
>Subj:   Fwd: NO MORE FROM ME
>Date:   9/12/01 7:47:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time
>
>As an e-mail picture, the printer obviously took the first car in the
>picture and printed it.   We will indeed honor your request and print a
>disclaimer. I do the newsletter (Jackie Teepen) and was deeply
>insulted at your comments.   There is no need to call ME an idiot.   The
>printer simply made an error.   I will be sure the world knows Tom Sakai
>drives a Tiger.
>
>Personally I enjoy the newsletter and appreciate the efforts given.
>Please can everyone who feels that there is a problem with an article contact
>the editor and discuss the issue and ask for a retraction. Do not insult a
>person who spends there own personal time and is not paid for creating the
>newsletter which we enjoy dearly. Get the facts straight
>
>-----------------

I don't know if the original author's name was left out on purpose, but if it
was never included in the original e-mail we should group that person in with
the cowardly terrorists who caused so much pain and suffering yesterday.

I have looked forward to the arrival of Tiger Tales each month of the 20 years
I been a member of the club. Sure, there have been mistakes over the years, but
nothing earth shattering, and certainly nothing to warrant verbal slurs like
those thrown in the original e-mail. Volunteering to do a job that no one else
wants is highly commendable and I have the utmost respect for those who give of
themselves to do these tasks.

Maybe we all should reflect on just exactly what is important in life, and be
tolerant of others and the mistakes they make. Life's too short to bicker over
the credit for a photo. Mistakes happen- deal with it.

Fred Baum
9470768