heating again

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: heating again
From: "Jim Boynton" <jimboynton@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 12:33:16 -0400
As a "quick easy check" of my heating gauge Steve Laifman suggested I do a
rough check by using a kitchen thermometer in the surge tank and start it
cold and rev it up to operating temp. Sure enough the gauge gave me a 250
plus in 5-10 min. but the thermometer in the surge tank read only 150. Also
as someone suggested the gauge hesitated for a brief time at around 190
before continuing to move up. I'm checking the instrument voltage regulator
next. Probably the fuel gauge is off also. Thanks for all the replies.

Jim